K.C. Halm advises wireless providers and other entities with spectrum holdings on spectrum acquisition, licensing, leasing and related issues arising in spectrum transactions. Clients rely upon K.C. to navigate the complex regulatory issues in such transactions, including enhanced factor review for spectrum below 1 GHz, competition analysis, build-out rules, and designated entity (DE) bidding credit eligibility.
K.C. counsels clients pursuing commercial operations under the new spectrum sharing regime in the FCC’s 3.5 GHz CBRS (Citizens Broadband Radio Service) band, and the C-band (3.7-4.2 GHz). He has assisted clients with the acquisition of a range of spectrum assets including 2.5 GHz, cellular, 700 MHz, PCS and AWS spectrum licenses. In addition, K.C. represents wireless service providers and other spectrum holders in Enforcement Bureau proceedings and disputes involving spectrum interference issues.
K.C. is a frequent speaker on these issues. Recent speaking engagements include:
- OilComm, Houston, TX, October, 2018, Speaker, Securing Access to 150 MHz of “CBRS” Shared Spectrum in the 3.5 GHz Band
- Wireless Infrastructure Association ConnectX Conference, Charlotte, N.C., May 2018, Panelist, Exploring the FCC’s 3.5 GHz CBRS Rules and the Impact on Private LTE Networks, Charlotte, N.C., May 2018
- Knowledge Group Webinar, Wash. D.C. Jan. 2018: Opportunities for Network Service Providers Arising in the 3.5 GHz CBRS Shared Spectrum Regime
- CTIA/FCBA West Legal Seminar, Seattle, WA Nov. 2017, Speaker: Emerging Last Mile Solutions in the 3.5 GHz CBRS Band
- Small Cells World (SCWS) Americas, San Jose, CA Dec. 2017, Panelist: Shared Spectrum, Shared Infrastructure, Shared Technologies